It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:30 am

Salisbury vol. 1 Installation

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Tompion

Salisbury vol. 1 Installation

PostTue Aug 08, 2023 6:16 pm

I've purchased and downloaded volume one of the Salisbury Cathedral sample set. I've run into two difficulties. I'll deal with the second of these issues in a separate post

When I went to install volume one, I selected the first of the three sample set files. After the extraction had almost completed, an error message appeared. It said that the file might be corrupted and that I should redownload it. I saved a detailed diagnostic message for that event. I then redownloaded the file, but received the same error message. I then tried to install the third file but again the same error message.

I've successfully activated the license in iLok.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Bruce

mnailor

Re: Salisbury vol. 1 Installation

PostTue Aug 08, 2023 8:53 pm

Email support@hauptwerk.com to see if they can give you the file sizes, checksums, and an alternate download link.

My Account/Products on hauptwerk.com currently has HW 7 installation files for download that are only 2 GB instead of around 3 GB, so there's some trouble going on with their download files.

mdyde

PostWed Aug 09, 2023 5:57 am

Hello Bruce,

Thanks very much for purchasing the set.

There are download links for all MDA sample sets here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17988

For good measure, via that page I just download the three files that comprise the Salisbury Volume 1 this morning, and they all downloaded and installed successfully for me. Their sizes and checksums should be:

SalisburyWillisV1_01.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
Size: 2.32 GB (2,491,459,698 bytes)
MD5 checksum: 580ad9889b01627dc11286f04a7e2872

SalisburyWillisV1_02.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
Size: 2.43 GB (2,615,906,500 bytes)
MD5 checksum: b4ebe675287ab52a12e2aa000c905807

SalisburyWillisV1_03.CompPkg_Hauptwerk_rar
Size: 2.39 GB (2,569,876,434 bytes)
MD5 checksum: 3c747264a66059dc574d0c8df2075e10

Please check that the files you download have exactly those sizes and checksums, and if not then try re-downloading them via the links in the above topic. (Perhaps the server was overloaded last night when you tried to download last night, for example.)

One other point: if your computer's drive is nearly full, sometimes the archive extractor may fail with a misleading error message. Hence if you still have the problem after ensuring that your file sizes and checksums are exactly as above then please make sure that you have a at least, say, 20 GB of free space on each of your computer's drives, and especially the system drive and the drives (if different) upon which you installed Hauptwerk.

Does that solve it?

[I'll move this topic to the "Technical support" section of the forum once you've had a chance to read it.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Tompion

PostWed Aug 09, 2023 10:08 am

Martin, thank you for your replies to both my Salisbury posts. I won't be able to spend time at my computer until a bit later.
I know what checksums are but will need to find out how to find the checksums on the downloaded rar files.
Bruce

mdyde

PostWed Aug 09, 2023 10:16 am

Thanks, Bruce.

[Topic moved here.]

There are various freeware utilities that calculate MD5 checksums for files, e.g. this one for Windows: https://www.winmd5.com/
Best regards, Martin.

Tompion

PostWed Aug 09, 2023 8:14 pm

Success!

Martin, I downloaded the checksum utility that you mentioned. The resulting checksum for the first of the files I downloaded yesterday did not agree with the one in your post nor did the size of the files I'd download.

I then download the three volume 1 files from the link that you provided. Once again, the file sizes did not agree with those you'd listed, but they were different from the files I'd downloaded yesterday. So, I tried to install them and everything went smoothly. The sound of the organ is wonderful.

I'm planning to purchase volumes 2 and 3; when the time comes, I'll use the same download link that you provided in your post above.
Bruce

mdyde

PostThu Aug 10, 2023 3:17 am

Excellent. Thanks very much, Bruce. Hope you enjoy the sample set.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support